Monday, January 11, 2016

Today It Hit Me

Today my mind realized that I would not be making my journey back to Asbury for the first January since 2012.  Wow!  When I left school in December, I told others that the realization of graduation had not “hit me” yet-after all, it was not much different from all the other Christmas breaks in the past where I leave in December and return a month later. 

Coming home for the summer after my first year at Asbury!

Today I realized that I had left a part of my life that had become so regular to me.  The people, the community, the rhythm, etc. had all become so familiar that it is hard to imagine a life that is different. 

JAK-I'm so glad I met these girls the FIRST week at Asbury!  I hope our adventures together continue!
Today I found myself missing the life I had been living the past four years, wondering if I will ever have a “close knit community” again.  I’m still a stranger in PBG (FL).  I can use one hand to count the number of people I know by name.  Some days it is hard to always be the stranger, and always be the “new kid.” (side note: I have been introduced to the church group 3 times because some people don’t remember my introduction the week before…always ackward…sigh)


My small group church girls! So much joy and laughter!

Today I reminded myself that change in life is inevitable, and I need to embrace it instead of fear or resist it.  I reminded myself that there are seasons in life and it is ok to look back with fond memories while not neglecting to continue looking forward with hope, joy, and peace.

My first plan trip to FL when my parents moved in March 2013.   I was gripping the seat for dear LIFE as we flew over the OCEAN!  AHHHHH!

Today I asked God to remind me of his faithfulness in the past, but also for comfort in this present time of transition.  I thank him for the gift that Asbury was in my life, believing that he will continue to bring blessings in the future as I follow his calling. 




No comments :

Post a Comment